In an agreement, signed on June 9, 1812, the Trustees selected Joseph Price and Nathan Lewis, contractors "for Building Lower Merion Benevolent School house."
The memo stated that the Trustees would pay $5,700 which the builders would use to pay for the materials and the wages for the work men. The "architects" were to find the materials for building
"...a good and substantial stone house for a school and the accommodation of a Family fifty five feet front and thirty six deep three stories high in the front and two stories and a Cellar back."
An 1832 reference book on a farrier, someone who treats diseases of the horse.