316 Righters Mill Road
Gladwyne, PA 19035
formerly The Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal
The Merion Square Methodist Episcopal
A - C D - H J - M O - S T - Y Unknown
The Merion Square Methodist Episcopal Church began first as a Church School in
Fritz's School House, a private school about the year 1830. The founding members of this organization were local farmers, shop keepers and Mill Creek factory workers who came from the surrounding communities of Ardmore, Belmont Hills, Bryn Mawr, Conshohocken, and Wynnewood.
The church was built in 1841, and is Gladwyne's oldest church. It is located south of and immediately next to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Hall. Located behind the church is the cemetery which has about 220 markers, most are legible but some are so worn that they cannot be read.
This burial record database is the work of S. Hamill Horne of The Lower Merion Historical Society. The listings come from church records and transcription from the headstones. Questions about the location and nature of the sources cited may be addressed to The Lower Merion Historical Society at LMHistory@comcast.net
Updated December, 2002